Welcome to South Holland School District 150
"Where Good Things Happen for Children Everyday"
Dear South Holland District 150 Parents,
Below is a
list of summer program offerings in the
Village of South Holland
and/or neighboring communities.
College of Kids - select link for more information
Thornton Township High School has a variety of summer programs
South Holland Library
H-F Kids Institute - A Division of Wiz Kids All Day Sports Camp
Kids@College - Prairie State Kids at College
District 205 - Summer Band is Back!
Thornton Townhship HS - District 205 Swim Lessons
The purpose of South Holland School District 150 is to educate all students to their maximum potential and to maintain high standards and expectations for academic performance and behavior.
South Holland School District 150 is committed to creating a holistic, rigorous, relevant and relationship based, educational environment that produce students that will thrive and be successful learners in any local or global high school setting.
- We believe the quality of instruction is contingent on employing highly qualified staff, providing ongoing staff development and providing the resources needed to successfully educate all children within the district.
- We believe that all students can learn and achieve with or without learning deficits/disabilities if provided a quality instructional program with academic support when needed.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide an orderly, safe and secure learning environment where the teaching and learning process can occur without distractions or ongoing interruptions.
- We believe our students are capable of learning how to make good decisions regarding their schooling, health, social interactions, human relations and resolving conflict.
- We believe that ongoing staff development will provide staff the skills to deliver quality instruction and help our students to become life-long, successful learners.
- We believe in promoting continued collaboration between home, school and community to meet the needs of our students.
- To increase the percentage of students who meet and exceed the learning standards on local and state assessments.
- To expand opportunities for staff development, parental involvement and community engagement that will create a culture of continuous learning for individuals who instill and foster academic achievement and social responsibility in our students.
- To develop strategies that will help to maintain financial solvency as we meet financial obligations of the district and ensures the availability of resources needed to meet educational goals and the upkeep and improvement of our facilities.
- To integrate the use of technology to enhance the quality of learning for students and staff