Please be aware that our School District July SUMMER Office hours are as follows:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
CLOSED ON FRIDAYS in July
No FREIGHT deliveries after 1:00 p.m.
Please call the District Office for more information (708-339-4240)
Have a wonderful summer!!!
- We believe the quality of instruction is contingent on employing highly qualified staff, providing ongoing staff development and providing the resources needed to successfully educate all children within the district.
- We believe that all students can learn and achieve with or without learning deficits/disabilities if provided a quality instructional program with academic support when needed.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide an orderly, safe and secure learning environment where the teaching and learning process can occur without distractions or ongoing interruptions.
- We believe our students are capable of learning how to make good decisions regarding their schooling, health, social interactions, human relations and resolving conflict.
- We believe that ongoing staff development will provide staff the skills to deliver quality instruction and help our students to become life-long, successful learners.
- We believe in promoting continued collaboration between home, school and community to meet the needs of our students.
- To increase the percentage of students who meet and exceed the learning standards on local and state assessments.
- To expand opportunities for staff development, parental involvement and community engagement that will create a culture of continuous learning for individuals who instill and foster academic achievement and social responsibility in our students.
- To develop strategies that will help to maintain financial solvency as we meet financial obligations of the district and ensures the availability of resources needed to meet educational goals and the upkeep and improvement of our facilities.
- To integrate the use of technology to enhance the quality of learning for students and staff
First day of school for South Holland School District 150
is Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Click HERE for our registration dates and times in AUGUST . . .
Enjoy your summer!
Reading is an important life-long skill that exercises our brains, improves concentration and teaches about the world around us. Reading also helps to improve vocabulary and develop the imagination.
IMPORTANT: This list applies to your grade level for the 2014/2015 School Year . . .
Summer Reading Program Information ~ Greenwood Elementary (incoming PreK - Grade 3)
Summer Reading Program Information ~ McKinley Elementary (incoming Grades 4-5)
Summer Reading Program Information ~ McKinley Jr. High (incoming Grades 6-8)
Free Summer Math program from TenMarks by Amazon . . .
Let's say goodbye to summer learning loss! The TenMarks Summer Math Program is based on an upfront diagnostic assessment that customizes the curriculum for the exact needs of every student. It is designed to review concepts and introduce new ones.
Visit http://summermath.tenmarks.com to register your students and:
- View the curriculum
- Explore the student experience
An hour a week is all it takes to strengthen math skills and prepare for the returning school year.