- We believe the quality of instruction is contingent on employing highly qualified staff, providing ongoing staff development and providing the resources needed to successfully educate all children within the district.
- We believe that all students can learn and achieve with or without learning deficits/disabilities if provided a quality instructional program with academic support when needed.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide an orderly, safe and secure learning environment where the teaching and learning process can occur without distractions or ongoing interruptions.
- We believe our students are capable of learning how to make good decisions regarding their schooling, health, social interactions, human relations and resolving conflict.
- We believe that ongoing staff development will provide staff the skills to deliver quality instruction and help our students to become life-long, successful learners.
- We believe in promoting continued collaboration between home, school and community to meet the needs of our students.
- To increase the percentage of students who meet and exceed the learning standards on local and state assessments.
- To expand opportunities for staff development, parental involvement and community engagement that will create a culture of continuous learning for individuals who instill and foster academic achievement and social responsibility in our students.
- To develop strategies that will help to maintain financial solvency as we meet financial obligations of the district and ensures the availability of resources needed to meet educational goals and the upkeep and improvement of our facilities.
- To integrate the use of technology to enhance the quality of learning for students and staff
Stories, Songs and Sing-A-Longs in "Seussville"
at Greenwood Elementary School
Wednesday, March 26th from 5:00 p.m. ~ 8:00 p.m.
Featuring Oda King, the African Storyteller . . . .
Admission fee is $5 per participant . . .
Click HERE for more information and your reservation form (print out and return)
Thornton Township High School District 205
Family Reading Night and Poetry Slam
Being held at
Thornridge High School ~ 15000 Cottage Grove Avenue ~ Dolton, IL
Thursday, April 3, 2014
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Enjoy an evening filled with activities for the entire family.
Come together and embrace the love for books and reading through food, fun and the spoken word.
Child Care provided